The Event | Date and place | Jury | Criteria | Gallery | Video
It appoints the winners based on criteria, set up in accordance with the regulations in the Republic of Bulgaria and professional standards for original architectural idea and quality construction execution performed by architects, designers and contractors.
• Innovation and uniqueness in design and/or concept. Overall apearance, facade, interior appeal, attractive use of interior space, unusual features, quality and aestehics of finishing works
• Efficiency of design – value for money
o Office - floors layout- flexibility of office units – ability to divide and unite offic eunits, natural light in all areas, location of lifts, stairs, toilets,
o Retail - floor layout that facilitates flow of clients, lack of dead ends on retail floors, large achors on corners, entertainement and food court on upper floors, sufficient number of retail units to provide enough variety for the scale of the scheme,
o Hotel - rooms size and lay out, spacious lobby, convenient location of conference rooms, spa, restaurants, shops
o Residential – location of lifts and stairwells, shape of apartments, efficeint internal layout of aprtments, spacious rooms, adequate number of bathrooms per number of bedrooms, parametric optimization for each functional area and the adaptability of the living units to the changing needs of the residents.
o Industrial - flexibility of space, space saving ideas, convenience of use – ramps, doble decking system
• Technical quality – different in each category
o 4 pipe HVAC system, clear height between floors, full BMS /Building Management System/, windows that can be opened /for office and hotel/, raised floors /for office/, suspended ceilings /for office, retail, some hotels/, diesel generator and UPS, spacious lobby, quality finishings, smooth floors in industrial space, ramps, second staircase for fire escape, disabled toilets
Achievements in – heat, sound and noise insulation, air conditioning and ventilation
Infrastructural improvements or urban development to the neigbourhoud, region ot town eg – developing a public infrastructure or public areas; playgrounds, sports or recreational areas, additional street lighting.
• Amenities/services - different in each category
o Restaurants, cafes, canteens, bars, shops, bank, spa, sport facilities, conference facilities, casinos /hotels/, supermarket, sufficient parking
• Location and Access – adquate for the designated use, ease of public and private trasport, visibility and presentability of location
- low-emission energy-efficient materials (tiles, joinery, glass fiber, facades, insulations...) with quality certificates
- recycled or recyclable construction materials
- rainwater collecting systems
- wastewater recycling systems
- biological sewage treatment
- alternative energy resources
- energy saving systems (i.e. BMS systems), low-energy appliances (class А. АА)
- construction in regenerated areas, preservation of bio diversity
- preservation and reuse of natural resources (stones, trees, rocks) throughout construction
- proximity of transport networks, cycling networks, parks
- geographic location of the site
- compensations for negative construction concequences – restoring the green areas, recycling and using local materials with low transportation costs.
- long term eco sustainability of the building according to national and world standards.
• Target Users – does the actual building relate to its designated target group - actual tenant mix in retail schemes, quality of tenants in office/industrial/retail buildings, type of actual buyers in residential schemes, type of tourists in hotels
• Performance – occupancy - % leased or sold - does the market accept the building - is it a financially viable building
• Impact on environment – how does it relate to the surrounding area, green buildings